Behavior Health Consultant (Part-Time Intern)
- Provided support, linkage, triage, planning and advocacy for mental health services.
- Educate WOAN on historical treads, signs of trauma or neglect and other areas of mental health care.
- Provide mental health services and support to WOAN through confidential patient relationships.
- Respond to crisis calls and facilitate mental health techniques and variables associated with mental health services.
- Provide health monitoring, crisis intervention, supervision and facilitation of group educational/structured activities to WOAN.
- Implemented nonviolent crisis intervention to defuse anxious, hostile or violent behavior situations.
- Monitor WOAN activities to ensure events and initiatives correlate with mental health services.
- Share mental health information periodically through WOAN meetings, WOAN newsletters and other WOAN platforms on effective ways to track and report mental health concerns.
- Obtained Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- Pursuing or holds Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Behavior-Mental Health or related field from accredited university in Kenya.
- Must be in good academic and administrative standing with university.
- Must be easy to collaborate with.
- Written & verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in Swahili and English
- Access to a computer (i.e. device) and internet.
- Computer skills: Base Microsoft Office.
- Must be of good character and judgement.
- Clean criminal and civil record.
Business Code of Ethics: We One Action Network does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, tribe, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, interns, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors and clients.